Friday, August 19, 2016

My First (Sprint) Triathalon

The day before the triathlon, I took Steven's bike out for what I thought was a 6km spin.  I think it was more like 2 km, judging by how I felt after the bike ride (and subsequently about a week later when I realised I had really hurt my right leg.  Argh).  




Right.  So this started off with a 400m swim, followed by a 2500 km 25 km bike ride and a < strike> gruelling
"run" (more like limp).

























Here's Jenny, my partner in crime, absolutely CRUSHING it on her road bike (yeah, yeah...I see now that a mountain bike with pimped out road tires and gears isn't the same as a road bike.  Live, learn, all that).  
























Transitions were tough, but Jenny and Ben bought me some transition laces for our next one, so we're all set!







This run was SO painful...longest 5 kilometres of my life!
































Jenny finished about 20 minutes before me.  She's a mighty gal, despite the fact that I have about two feet on her.  










I'm honestly amazed I finished.  I kept fantasising about lying down on the grass, drinking, stretching...for about an hour, this was the only thought that passed through my mind.  Alas, we finished.  We've signed up for a duathlon in October ;)





No comments: